Be still and trust God


"For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: “In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.” But you would not," Isa 30:15 SUV 

In this world, which is characterized by chaos, conflict, and uncertainty, the concept of strength is often associated with power, might, and military prowess. However, the scriptures offer a different perspective on where true strength is found. It is not in human strategies or military power but rather in quietness and trust in God.

The word of God today delivers a powerful message emphasizing that our salvation and strength lie not in our own abilities or alliances but in quietness and trust in our God. This verse encapsulates a profound truth that resonates throughout the Bible: God's strength is made perfect in our weakness, and true power is found in surrendering to His will.

Quietness, as described in this verse, goes beyond mere silence. It suggests a state of inner peace, calmness, and tranquility—a heart undisturbed by the storms of life. It is a posture of surrender, where one relinquishes control and allows God to take the reins. In Psalm 46:10, the Bible says, "Be still, and know that I am God." This stillness is not passive but an active choice to trust in God's sovereignty despite the circumstances.

Furthermore, quietness is closely intertwined with trust. Trust involves a deep reliance on God's faithfulness and promises. It requires us to let go of our fears, worries, and anxieties and place our confidence entirely in Him. The word of God in Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Trusting in God acknowledges His wisdom and goodness, even when we cannot see the way ahead.

The Bible is replete with examples of individuals who found strength in quietness and trust. David, facing the giant Goliath, declared, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer" (Psalm 18:2). His confidence was not in his own strength but in God's power to deliver him. Also, when the Israelites stood at the edge of the Red Sea with Pharaoh's army closing in, Moses told them, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" (Exodus 14:14).

Even in the New Testament, Jesus exemplified quietness and trust in the midst of adversity. In the Garden of Gethsemane, facing the agony of the cross, He prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42). Jesus' surrender to the Father's will demonstrated the ultimate act of trust and paved the way for our salvation.

Your true strength is not found in your strategies but in quietness and in trusting God. As you navigate through the challenges of life, may God help you to follow the example of those who have gone before us, finding your strength in surrendering to His will and trusting in His unfailing love.

Prayer: Father, you know my heart, I pray to you, help me to rely on you and to trust you always. I surrender to your Holy Spirit, so He May Guide me in Life. Through all life’s challenges and troubles, I keep my trust in you. I know you are with me to lead me in the way I should go, and you are fighting my battles. Amen

Comments

Weekly Bible devotion

Hebrew Bible words in English..!

Give God the first place in your life.

God's help.